Conversion Optimization: How to get your website visitors to take action!
to take the desired action once they arrive. It's not enough for online businesses to just think about getting their site noticed. They also need to get visitors to take the desired action once they do arrive.
First, you need to know what is currently happening on your website. You need to setup tracking mechanisms to calculate your conversion rates and then use these conversion optimization tips to maximize revenue from your website and you'll be well on your way to online success!
Next, you need to define your conversion. As a result of visiting your site, what would you like the visitor to do? Knowing what action you would like your visitors to take will help you make these actions clear to your visitors. You also need to define your audience. Who is your target audience? What does your target audience expect to learn from your website? Does your audience know how your process works, or how to go about using your services? What do you feel your website should convey to your audience?
The three critical elements of conversion
For a page to get visitors to proceed to the next step, it must let them know they are in the right place. To do that, three things need to happen.
1. Get their Attention
Does this page have a Clear benefit? What is the immediate gain?
Here are some tips to get their attention:
- Be specific - Speak to the present concerns or desires of each specific market
- Be customer focused - All about the viewer, not about you
- Have a clear benefit - “What’s in it for me?”
- Show immediate gain - Offer me a solution to what I want now
2. Keep them Engaged
How have we resolved their concerns, fears, doubts, and objections?
Here are some tips to keep your visitors engaged:
- Include a guarantee.
- Add customer testimonials.
- Visitors must see confirmation that their specific requirements are met.
- Visitors must be kept aware that their goal is in sight without being knocked off track
3. Call them to Action
What is the call to action? Does the call to action seem reasonable? Is there enough urgency to induce action now?
Here are some tips to call your visitors to action:
- Calls to action must exist, and be clear and bold
- If you don’t ask, you won’t get.
- The timing must be right.
- You should provide enough positive signs and resolved enough negative concerns for the action to appear reasonable.
- Provide enough urgency to induce action now
For your website to be successful you need to put the same effort in to optimizing your conversions as you do into driving traffic to your website. The rewards are too great to ignore: increased sales, more leads and a greater number of repeat customers from your existing traffic.